Products For Horse Cages
Of all the cattles, horse is perhaps the most difficult to raise. In addition to a good knowledge of it's physiolocial characteristics, the you also need to give special care to the building of its cage. This is because horses are very susceptible to the surrounding environment; if it is unclean, they will feel unweel and may catch diseases.
HOW TO BUILD A GOOD HORSE CAGE?
- Design a two-veranda roof (ideally made of palm trees or similar materials) to help create airiness and prevent to impact of rain.
- Good materials to be used may include: bamboo, wood,...
- Windows are neccessary and should be 1.5 - 1.8 m from the ground.
- Use tiles (ideally rubber tiles) for the floor. This will help protect horses' hooves and deter bateria.
- Slope should be 1-2 % for water drainage
- The front and sides of the cage should be divided in to 2-3 small compartments, with a distance of 40-45 cm in between, for convenience in taking care of horses.
- Troughs for eating/drinking of the animal should be 1m high.
- The size of the cage should fit the numbers of horses you raise.
AVERAGE DENSITY AND NOTES WHEN PUTTING HORSES IN TO SUITABLE CAGES.
- If horses has been in ablactation for 6-12 months, the perfect density would be one animal for every 1.5 - 2.2 square meter.
- Over-one-year-old horses: one for every 5 - 6 square meter.
- Put those who are physically similar in the same cage.
- Pregnant/breastfeeding horses should be raised separately.
PLAYGROUND FOR HORSES
- We need to build playground for horses because they are active animal.
- Playground should be built next to the cages. Fences are ideally 1.2 - 1.5 m, built with solid material, bars or nets, to be carefully erected so that the horses do not get hurt.
- Best density is 1 horse per 2 meters.
For a healthy and productive herd of horses, besides feeding and training, we need high-quality cages that neatly meet the above standards.
Hopefully, Skylerplay has given you some useful tips through this article.